Thursday, December 1, 2011

God is All

“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.” – Revelation 1:8

Who is God? This question I ask myself many times as I seek to know more. To me, it seems that God’s characteristics are endless. There always seems to be something new to learn about God. For example, how did God come to be? He always was.

This biblical truth is beyond our understanding for we experience a beginning in all things as we also experience an end. Life is all about beginnings and endings, but God is more than that. He is an ongoing, unchanging, full of life foundation that we can steadily stand on for all things. We will never be separated from God once we have committed to a relationship through Jesus Christ. With so many things in this world that are uncertain, God gives us peace knowing that he will never leave us or forsake us.

Prayer: Thank you, Lord that you are always with me. I pray the confidence you give me in that promise will allow me to always come to you first with all that life offers. Amen

Faith Tip: Pray to know God more and open your heart and mind to what he will show you.

Written by Kathy Bruins

No comments: