Thursday, January 19, 2012

Direct Connection

Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise. – James 5:13

Being a father of four and a husband of one, I appreciate the recent advances made in cell phone technology.  No matter where I am or what I am doing I have a direct connection to my kids and my wife Julie.  This direct connection is very helpful in coordinating our busy schedules.  However, no matter how advanced phone technology is today it does not give us a direct connection to everyone.  Wouldn’t you like to have a direct connection to the White House to give the president your “two-cents” on the war and economy?  How about a direct connection to the coach of your favorite professional sports team to give your opinion on what plays they should be calling?  How about a direct connection to those who have gone before us, such as loved ones or historical figures?  Unfortunately, no matter how many advancements are made in communication technology we will probably never make these connections.

Wouldn’t it be great to have a direct connection to the creator of the universe, our creator, the one who knows us better than we know ourselves?   We do have that direct connection through prayer and praise.  And that connection is never busy or out-of-order.  We can call on God anytime, anywhere and give him our “two-cents”, let Him know what a great job he is doing, thank Him for abundant blessings, or whenever we just need a listening ear.  It is comforting to know that God is only a prayer away.

Prayer:  Thank you Lord for the gift of prayer.  I thank you that I can call on you anytime I need you and you are always there ready to talk.  Help me never to forget about this direct connection to you.  Amen.

Faith Tip:  Today are you “weak and heavy laden, cumbered with a load of care?”  If so, take it to the Lord in prayer.

Written by Pastor Aaron   

No comments: