Thursday, November 3, 2011

Let's Go Over It Again

So do not fear, for I am with you; 
   do not be dismayed, for I am your God. 
I will strengthen you and help you; 
   I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. – Isaiah 41:10
 Time and time again, I find myself worrying and being fearful about one thing or another. I can’t control most of the circumstances and I think that’s what causes my fear. I can’t fix it. I have no other choice than to trust God.
It seems that when God has a message that he wants us to fully understand and not forget, it will be in the Bible repeatedly. God talks a lot about fear in the Scriptures. He knew that we would soon forget and easily become fearful from life’s circumstances. Humanly speaking, it is very difficult if not impossible not be fearful at one time or another. It can be fearful just to read the newspaper or watch the news. But God wants us to know, understand, live out and trust that he is with us and will uphold us even during the darkest times.
Prayer: Jesus, you are the one I can trust with everything in my life. I pray that I can walk confidently trusting you today. Amen
Faith Tip: What has put fear in your heart today? Is it a control issue? Hand it over to God to deal with it. Is there anyone more capable?

Written by Kathy Bruins

No comments: