Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving in Song

Speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. – Ephesians 5:19-20

Do you ever get a song stuck in your head that kind of goes with you throughout the day?  I enjoy it when the song that goes with me is a song of praise, because it helps me focus on the Lord all day long.  Maybe that is what Paul is referring to when he speaks about “songs from the Spirit.”

When we think of giving thanks we often picture our thanksgivings in the forms of prayers.  However Paul tells us that we can also give thanks to the Lord when we sing and make music from our hearts.  The ability to sing is a gift from the Lord and our songs, no matter how well we sing, is our gift of thanksgiving to God.  So this Thanksgiving give thanks to the Lord with a song.

Prayer:  Thank you Lord for giving me the ability to praise and thank you in song.  Let my heart sing for all the blessings that you have given to me.  May my song be a joyful noise to you ears.  Amen.

Faith Tip: Plan to come and worship on Thanksgiving morning at 9:00am where we will have the opportunity to sing many Thanksgiving songs.  

Written by Pastor Aaron Anderson

No comments: