Monday, November 8, 2010

The Blessing of Family

You shall rejoice in all the good things the Lord your God has given to you and your household. – Deuteronomy 26:11

My family was blessed this past weekend by having my parents stay a couple days at our house. Next weekend we will be blessed again with the visit of Julie’s parents. Since both sets of parents live in Iowa we treasure the time that we are able to spend with them. Their visits make us realize that our families are a blessing from God.

Now I know that some might have a difficult time believing that their family is a blessing, because they have strained relations with family members, they have been mistreated and have been burdened with unresolved issues for many years. While there are others who truly realize that their family is a blessing and find acceptance and love within their family. No matter what your family situation, they are your family and it is the family that God has blessed you with. Often we take this blessing for granted and we forget to thank God for our families.

Prayer: Thank you Lord for the blessing of my family. Help me not to take them for granted. Help me to restore any brokenness within my family, so that within my family God’s love would be shared. Amen.

Faith Tip: Thank God for your family and do something today to show your family that you appreciate them.

Written by Pastor Aaron Anderson

No comments: