Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Voice That Calls

For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God. (2 Corinthians 1:20)

Traveling through life is much like how Abraham left his hometown. He didn’t know where God was taking him, but in obedience he went. The promises of God all came true for Abraham because of the relationship of obedience he had with God. If Abraham would have gone his own way and not followed where God wanted him to go, the fulfilled promises would not have been experienced.

As we journey through life not clearly seeing where we are going, but listening to a voice, we want to see results. Determining which voice to listen to is a choice we make moment by moment. Will it be the voice of the world that cries out “me first” or will the voice be a soft inner whisper that says, “I love you. Follow me.” The results will come forth in our lives as we follow a voice. Will they be eternal or temporary results?

Prayer: Dear Lord, thank you for letting me hear your voice. I only need to listen to hear it. I pray that in obedience like Abraham that I will follow your voice and shut out the voice of the world. Amen

Faith tip: Take time today to really listen for God’s voice. He is speaking to you.

Written by Kathy Bruins

No comments: