Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Turn Back Time

For he says, “In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you.” I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation. – 2 Corinthians 6:2

This past weekend we turned our clocks back an hour and it was so nice to have that extra hour of sleep. Just think how nice it would be if we could really turn back time and have a second chance at life. We could go back an undo all the things that we regret saying or doing and reverse all the things for which we feel guilty. What a wonderful thing that would be.

Although we cannot go back in time and undo all the things that we have done, Christ has done that for us by dying on the cross. When Jesus went to the cross he undid all of our sins in the past, present and the future. He took our life and he wiped it clean. Therefore, we do not have to live with regrets or feel guilty about past mistakes. Instead we can live with the good news that “now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation.” What a wonderful thing that is!

Prayer: Thank you Jesus for dying on the cross and wiping away all my sins. Help me to not dwell on my past sins and live with regrets and guilt. Help me to live in the good news that in you I have been redeemed! Amen.

Faith Tip: Is there a mistake in your past that you wish you could undo? Does that event continue to play over and over in your memory? If so get rid of that memory, forget about it and move on. Because of the cross God doesn’t remember it, so why should you?

Written by Pastor Aaron Anderson

No comments: