Friday, March 18, 2011

Prayer 24/7

“Indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.” – Psalm 121:4

Last night I had the wonderful privilege of accompanying Alyssa, our middle daughter, to WCSG’s Annual Father/Daughter Banquet where Christian singer Heather Williams was the featured speaker. At one point in the program she talked about how we often take for granted how amazing it is that through prayer we have access to God.

Also last night (actually at 1:30 this morning), I took Annika, our oldest daughter, to the middle school where she boarded a bus to depart on her 8th grade class trip to Washington D.C. As I was driving back home, I prayed that Annika and the rest of the 8th graders would have a fun and safe trip. As I prayed I thought about how great it was that even at 1:30 in the morning, when most people were sound asleep, I could come to God in prayer, because as the psalmist says God neither slumbers nor sleeps. Isn’t it wonderful that we have this access to God not on his timeline, or only when he is ready, but whenever we need him 24/7? Heather Williams was right, prayer is amazing!

Prayer: Thank you Lord for the gift of prayer and for being available to hear my prayers at anytime. Help me to remember how amazing prayer is and not take it for granted. Amen.

Faith Tip: Prayer is a powerful Christian tool. Take the time to pray to God today. Pray for the 13 men from our church who will be leaving for the Spring Men’s Retreat this evening.


Written by Pastor Aaron Anderson

No comments: