Monday, March 7, 2011

Showing Love

“Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting” (Psalm 139:23-24).

Being married gives many opportunities to show the other person how much you love them. It’s not only on special days like birthdays, anniversaries, and Valentine’s Day that affection can be demonstrated, but every day. As we trust, help, encourage, pray for, and do other things for our spouse, we live out our love for them. We want them to know our heart for them.

We can live out our love for God in much the same way. We invite God to know how our heart beats for him. To test, practice and know, we are putting what we have learned to practice in loving God. We increase our trust, avail ourselves to his leading and follow obediently, we praise him for all he has done, and seek his face in all things. That is showing our heart to God in a real way.

Prayer: Lord, I love you. Please search me and know my heart for you. Thank you for always be so faithful and loving. Amen

Faith Tip: Show your love to God today and invite him to search your heart.

Written by Kathy Bruins

No comments: