Friday, January 14, 2011

Here I Am, Lord

Then He said to them, “Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men” (Matthew 4:19).

This morning, I was reminded of the great song, “Here I Am, Lord.” I love it because it speaks of who God is and who we are. God being the Master shares his heart with the people who serve him. Are we listening? Do we perk our ears to hear any word from the Lord knowing the great value of it? Are we waiting expectantly hoping to be used by God?

When Samuel was first called (1 Samuel 3), he thought it was Eli calling him. But Eli soon realized it was the Lord calling Samuel. Samuel answered God with, “Speak, for your servant is listening.” His ears waited expectantly. His heart anticipated the call of God. He was ready.

Listening is an important part of relating to God. He has so much to tell us. His love for us is evident in this. He longs for our time with him alone. It is high priority to our Lord. He fills our hearts with his heart’s desire. Are we ready?

Here I am Lord
Is it I Lord?
I have heard you calling in the night
I will go Lord
If you lead me
I will hold your people in my heart.

Prayer: Your people are highly valued by you, and what more can I do for you than to hold them in my heart and love them as you do. Guide me, dear Lord, in what you have for me to do. I am listening. Amen

Faith Tip: Practice listening to God today by just being quiet and opening your heart and mind to what he has to say to you.

Written by Kathy Bruins

No comments: