Wednesday, January 26, 2011

An Undivided Heart

Teach me your way, LORD, that I may rely on your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name (Psalm 86:11)

It’s no trick to be busy. In fact, it’s the easiest thing to do. A portion of our life goes to family, another to work, ministry, hobbies, etc. Each day is filled with things we want to do, we need to do, and we have to do. Sometimes we try to give each portion an equal amount of our time and energy, but that rarely happens. Usually one gets a lot more than the others and that’s okay. Sometimes we wonder if we are giving enough to one part and worry we may fail if we don’t do enough.

Peace can be given to us through the giving of our heart to Jesus. God wants our whole heart. That doesn’t mean we blot out all the things we do each day, it means to include God in all the things we do. God is a master at organizing days. Allowing God to direct us in what we do will show us how faithful he is all the time.

Prayer: Lord, I hand to you my day and pray that I can follow your instructions in what I should do. I know that your plan for me is perfect. Thank you for being such an awesome God! Amen

Faith Tip: If you can’t hand over the whole day just yet, begin with smaller portions and give God more as you see his faithfulness at work through you.

Written by Kathy Bruins

No comments: