Thursday, April 21, 2011

Jesus Holds on Tight

“I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.” - John 10:28-30

My dog, Charlie, loves to play a game with people where he will take a toy or a bone and come close to them giving the impression he wants them to have it. As soon as a person reaches for it, Charlie snaps his head away and prances around with his victory of holding on to the object. He does this with unsuspecting people at the dog park when he brings his Frisbee to them. They say, “Oh, how cute. He wants me to throw the Frisbee.” They soon find out it’s a different game he wants to play.

The victory is in Jesus who will allow nothing or no one to snatch us from his hand. Satan wants to play the game of temptation. If we allow Satan to grab us in temptation, there will be consequences in our life. However, when we are saved by the blood of the Lamb, there is no way Satan can take us from that—nothing will separate us from God.

Prayer: Thank you, Lord, for the promise that we have total security in you. I pray that I live in the victory of being in your hand and not in Satan’s. Amen

Faith Tip: Don’t allow any temptation to overtake you today. God always provides a way out (1 Corinthians 10:13)

Written by Kathy Bruins

No comments: