Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Resurrection Peace

While they were still talking about this, Jesus himself stood among them and said to them, “Peace be with you.” – Luke 24:36

It is interesting that the message that Jesus brings to his disciples after his resurrection is one of peace. It is not exactly the message one would expect from a person who has just suffered an excruciating death, descended into the depths of hell and then brought back to life again. We would expect maybe an account of what he just experienced, what he saw, what he felt, yet Jesus says to them, “Peace be with you.”

The message of the resurrection is peace. Jesus was raised again so that we could have peace in our life. Do you have peace or are you troubled by worries, doubts and fears? If you need peace in your life look to the Risen Lord. Remember that he has not only conquered death, but he is working in your life right now to conquer those things that bring you fear, worry and trouble. Jesus’ message to you today is, “Peace be with you.”

Prayer: I thank you God, that I can proclaim, “I serve a risen Savior. He is in the world today!” Help me in my unbelief so that I may believe those words deep in my heart and soul, so that I may experience the peace of the resurrection. Amen.

Faith Tip: Take some time to search your heart and mind today and see if there is anything that is causing you to worry, doubt or fear and then give that to God and take hold of His peace that passes all understanding.

Written by Pastor Aaron Anderson

No comments: