Friday, December 31, 2010

Alpha and Omega

“Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End” (Revelation 22:12-13).

Here it is the end of another year. The time has passed quickly and has been described as a blink of an eye timeframe for God. It almost feels like that to me, too. God has journeyed with me through this past year in all the ups and downs that life brings. The only constant thing that can be trusted is God. Nothing that happened this past year was a surprise to him. It’s difficult for us to imagine how God knows everything from the beginning all the way to the end, but he does.

His promise to us is that he is coming soon. We can rejoice in this fact knowing a new heaven and earth will be created and it will be perfect. What does a perfect world look like? I can only imagine.

Prayer: Thank you, Lord, for all that happened during the year. Although there were challenges and times of pain, you were there in the midst of it never letting go. You always have a purpose. I pray into next year that your glory will be experienced by all. Amen

Faith Tip: Begin praying into the next year for God’s glory to be experienced by all.

Written by Kathy Bruins

No comments: