Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Returning To God

Return to me,’ declares the LORD Almighty, ‘and I will return to you,’ (Zechariah 1:3).

The dancing ballerina doll! I remember the thrill of opening this gift as a child on Christmas. She had beautiful blond hair and a pretty pink ballerina outfit. She danced when I would lift up the knob in her crown. If I moved the knob to another position, she would tip toe.

Lots of family came for dinner that day. There would be tons of food, fun and laughter. I remember this day fondly knowing that I can never relive that moment. I can’t go back.

With God, we can always go back. No matter what we have done in life that was displeasing, we can always return to God and have our relationship with him restored. God promises to return to us when we are ready to let go of the things that are blocking our relationship with him. God is forever faithful.

Prayer: Lord, I thank you for your promises. I pray that I can release any strongholds in my life that block our relationship in any way. Holy Spirit, I pray that you enlighten me. Amen

Faith tip: Ask God to show you what is blocking your relationship with him. Make the choice in ridding of it knowing there is something so much better with God.

Written by Kathy Bruins

No comments: