Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Confidence In Christ

“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am” (John 14:1-3).

I’m going…I know I don’t know anyone there, but I know this will be good for me. These are some of the thoughts I had going to my first writer’s conference years ago. It’s frightening to go to an unfamiliar place and not know anyone. I would have been a lot more confident having a friend with me. But I went and I am glad I did. It opened up a whole new world in writing for me. The resources and networking were invaluable to my growth as a writer.

Jesus wants us to be confident in our daily walk…even when he leads us to places unfamiliar and where we feel we are alone. Our lives are filled with so many chapters; each one seems to be in a new area of our lives and that can be scary at first. The truth is that Jesus is always there with us. Through our life’s journey, Jesus is there. Even at the end when our eternal life begins, Jesus is there and will be forever. Doesn’t it feel good to know that Jesus wants us with him all the time?

Prayer: Lord, I thank you for your promises. I pray my confidence will grow as I journey with you in this life and the next. Amen

Faith tip: Is there an area of your life where you don’t feel confident? Look to Jesus to help you be confident.

Written by Kathy Bruins

No comments: