Friday, December 3, 2010

Spiritual Hunger

“Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.” (John 6:35)

On the days that I have appointment after appointment scheduled, I sometimes don’t have time to eat and forget to take a drink of water. I become parched and hungry. I desire food and water and I almost feel desperate for it. Now this is nothing like many who go hungry and thirsty every day. But it gives me an idea of what it is like to hunger and be so thankful for the food I do have.

Spiritually we can get so busy, too, and forget to take the nourishment of the Word and prayer. We become weak spiritually because we haven’t been fed. Jesus has provided himself for our hunger and thirst. With Jesus, we will be at a banquet of great food and wine.

Prayer: Lord, thank you for your daily provision of yourself. I can become full on your Word and your presence in my life. Amen

Faith tip: Taste and see that the Lord is good.

Written by Kathy Bruins

No comments: