Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Gift of Peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled . . . (John 14:27)

Christmas is such a wonderful time of the year—well, it can be anyway. It really depends on where we focus. It seems to get so busy and sometimes chaotic that we tend to lose sight of the fact that we are celebrating Christ. Our minds get so filled with what we have to do, or is it what others expect us to do? Relationship issues seem to heighten this time of year. Depression may set in and we have lost the joy meant for us…Christ’s abundant joy.

What we need is a silent night type of Christmas. In our minds, we need to sit around the manger and wonder. What does this little baby truly mean to me? Does he make a difference in my life? May I hold him?

Jesus gave us the special gift of his peace. Don’t accept the imitation that the world offers. Calm your worried heart with what Jesus gives to you with his love.

Prayer: Thank you, Lord, for the wonderful gift of your peace. I pray that I can keep my focus on the manger. It has made a difference to me. Amen

Faith tip: Discern what you are stressed about this Christmas and make the choice to bring that situation to the cross and leave it there. Then go sit by the manger for awhile.

Written by Kathy Bruins

No comments: