Friday, October 7, 2011

Lift Rather Than Carry

Praise our God, all peoples, 
let the sound of his praise be heard; 
he has preserved our lives 
and kept our feet from slipping. 
For you, God, tested us; 
you refined us like silver. 
You brought us into prison 
and laid burdens on our backs. 
You let people ride over our heads; 
we went through fire and water, 
but you brought us to a place of abundance. – Psalm 66:8-12

I have recently heard about the struggles of numerous people in my life and my love and prayers go out to them. I continually think of them and lift them up to God. It’s difficult to see people go through these difficult times in their lives, but I know God is in it. If I didn’t have God to trust with these people, it would be depressing. But I know that God’s power is real and working all the time. I feel confident that whatever is the outcome in these dear ones’ lives that it will be “big picture” good for God turns all the ashes into beauty for His name’s sake.

Consider the struggles you have gone through or perhaps someone you know. At the time, I’m sure it was difficult to praise God, but as you look back can you see how He was involved? Difficulties shape us. We are made stronger and more into the image of Jesus as we journey through challenges and learn from them. How good to know that no matter what we are going through that God brings us to a place of abundance. It may not be in this life, but it is definite in eternal life.

Prayer: God, I thank you for the work you have done in my life. There have been ups and downs and you were there through it all. I praise you for your goodness in my life. Amen

Faith Tip: If you are going through struggles now or before, think about what you have been learning from God and how you are changing. Give God praise for the great work done in you.

Written by Kathy Bruins

No comments: