Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Plan to Follow

Do not boast about tomorrow, 
   for you do not know what a day may bring. – Proverbs 27:1

I don’t know about you, but my days can get packed with a lot of things to do. It is usually all good things and I look forward to them. Some of the things I look forward to doing are going with a friend to ArtPrize, having my sister over for dinner, and going on retreat in a week. I believe these things will happen and I plan my life around them, but the truth is I have no idea what God has planned for me these days. God’s plan may look totally different than mine and I need to be open to that. What God places in my path will be for the kingdom and I am to follow in obedience. I am a servant of God. Whose plans I follow will show who I am serving.

I think the best we can do is to keep in communication with God to know what is on his heart. Through prayer and reading the Bible, we know God’s heart more and will be able to respond easier to the call on our lives. Keeping our spiritual eyes open and on watch for what God is doing will help us not to miss what he is doing. We cannot boast about what a day holds for God creates each day. Whether there are good times or struggles, God is always working to grow us into the image of Jesus. To God be the glory.

Prayer: Thank you, God, for each day. The thought and detail you put into the day is amazing. I pray that I can keep my eyes watching for you and what you are doing and follow along in obedience. Amen

Faith Tip: Look at your calendar for tomorrow. Pray into that day and listen carefully to what God may be saying to you in regards to your schedule.

Written by Kathy Bruins

No comments: