Thursday, October 27, 2011

Nobody Knows My Sorrows

He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. – Isaiah 53:3

Often in the midst of suffering and sorrow we can feel isolated, because certainly we are the only ones who can truly feel our physical and emotional pains.  This isolation can cause us to believe that we are the only ones who are suffering and we believe that no one can understand what we are going through.  It reminds me of the words of that old spiritual song, “Nobody knows the troubles I’ve seen, nobody knows my sorrows.”  This feeling of isolation in the midst of trouble can bring us to an even deeper level of sorrow.

The good news is that we are not alone in our suffering.  The scriptures tell us that Jesus was a man of sorrows and suffering.  This doesn’t mean that he had only an intellectual knowledge about suffering, but it tells us that Jesus was familiar with suffering.  He knows exactly what you are dealing with. He knows how it feels, because he has experienced it.  No matter what you are going through, whether your suffering is physical, emotional, spiritual, or financial you are not alone. Jesus has been there before and he knows exactly how you feel and he is there to help you through your times of troubles.

Prayer:  Thank you Lord for being with me in the midst of my suffering.  Help me to remember that you know what I am going through and feeling.  Let me rest in you as you help me through my times of trouble.  Amen.

Faith Tip:  Are you going through some trouble today?  Do you know someone who is going through a tough time?  If so remember or help someone else remember that Jesus has been there and he is right with you now to comfort you and help you.

Written by Pastor Aaron Anderson  

No comments: