Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Oh, To Be Seen

From heaven the LORD looks down
   and sees all mankind;
from his dwelling place he watches
   all who live on earth— Psalm 33:13-14

When I was a young boy, my little brother and I would watch a TV show called “Romper Room.”  At the end of each show the hostess would look through her “magic mirror” and name all the children that she could see out in “televisionland.”  My brother and I would always sit close to the TV hoping that one day she might see us.  She would always see children with names like Bob, Mary, Susie, Tommy, but no matter how close we sat to the TV she could never see little boys with names like Aaron and Arnie.

I think it is human nature to want to be seen.  Deep down we want to be noticed to assure us that there is someone who cares. Scripture tells us that the Lord looks down from heaven and he sees us.  We can take comfort in knowing that not only does God see us, but he watches over us because he cares about us. We don’t have to worry about not being seen, because God, our Creator, loves us and watches over all that we do.  He notices us!

Prayer:  Thank you Lord that you watch over me both day and night.  I am so glad that you notice me.  Help me to see you better.  Amen.

Faith Tip:  Take a little time today to think about God looking down from heaven and watching you.  Take comfort in know that you are noticed!

Written by Pastor Aaron Anderson

No comments: