Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Always Remember

These stones are to be a memorial to the people of Israel forever. – Joshua 4:7

I am at the age where I frequently forget things. The doctors say that it is possible that I have “chemo brain” and that it may last a couple of years. I plan on using this excuse for a long stretch…say another 30-40 years. Well, we’ll try anyway.

It’s important to remember things. There are days in our lives that call for remembering both the good and the bad. We want to relive and be thankful for the good times, but can we be thankful for the bad times? If you can see how God worked through those times and carried you through them, then you can be thankful. It is through the challenges that we grow and become stronger in our faith. It’s important to remember what God has done so that we can be forever grateful and trusting.

Prayer: Dear Lord, I thank you for the good and bad times in my life for I have seen you at work through them. I pray that I continually look to you to follow in your steps of grace. Amen

Faith Tip: Altars and other symbols of God’s work are mentioned throughout the Bible. Think of an important moment in your life where God presence was evident. Make a symbol to help you, and those who come after you, remember and learn of God’s faithfulness.

Written by Kathy Bruins

No comments: