Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Trust Not Fear

“In God, whose word I praise— in God I trust and am not afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?” - Psalm 56:4

There are many things in this life that we can fear if we choose to. The economy, wars, or perhaps there is something closer to home as individual persecution of some sort. All of these things seem to be in the control of people, so we focus on their power and what they can do. If that is where our focus remains then we probably will have fear.

Understanding that God overrides all things happening on earth and has more power than all the people put together should give us a sense of peace, but again we need to choose to focus on God’s power. God’s love for you is greater than any person’s love for you. His care for you is the best, so you can rest on God’s best.

Prayer: Thank you, Lord, for always being there for me. I can stand strong knowing you are here. I pray that I never lose sight of you. Amen

Faith Tip: Do a word search in the Bible on “Do not fear” and see how many times God wants you to know that you need not fear.

Written by Kathy Bruins

No comments: