Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Love Builds Up

We know that we all possess knowledge. Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up. – 1 Corinthians 8:1

I was speaking at Pilgrimage a few weeks ago. At Pilgrimage the speakers choose a flower to take forward and place in a vase by the podium. I was speaking towards the end of the weekend and most of the beautiful flowers had already been selected. I saw one flower that had been ignored. It had not yet blossomed and therefore was not the best looking flower in the bunch. I felt sorry for this overlooked flower so I selected it. As I was waiting to go to the podium I held the flower in my hand. As I held the flower it suddenly began to blossom. Those who were waiting with me and I were amazed. As I spoke the flower continued to open up and by the end of my speech the flower had fully opened and was one of the most beautiful flowers in the vase. All that flower needed was someone to love it.

There are many people like this flower. They are ignored, under-appreciated, just waiting for somebody to care for them and love them. Once they receive love they begin to blossom into the person that God created them to be. As Paul tells the Corinthians, love builds people up. Love is a powerful tool! Look for those who are often over-looked, those who stay in the corners, those who society has forgotten and show them Christ’s love. You never know, they may blossom into the most beautiful person you have ever met!

Prayer: Lord, open my eyes so that I may see the people that I often don’t see. Help me to love those who feel unloved, so that by my love they will be built up and blossom into the person you want them to be. Amen.

Faith Tip: Share Christ’s love today with a person that needs to feel loved. You never know how a smile or a kind gesture may turn a person’s day or life around.

Written by Pastor Aaron Anderson

No comments: