Thursday, May 19, 2011

Hunger Pangs

Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. – John 6:35

I remember as a child going to visit my great grandmother on the east side of the state. She was a dear woman who had the gift of hospitality all her life. We knew we would need to be hungry going to her house, because she always had a spread of good food upon our arrival. She deeply desired to show her love through feeding us. When we left, we were always full, but eventually we would get hungry again.

Jesus has a deep desire to show his love by feeding us—with himself. Hunger pangs happen when we are not focused on Jesus. Trying to fill up on worldly things only satisfies for awhile. When we feast on Jesus, the bread of life, we will never be hungry or thirsty again for fullness in our spirit.

Prayer: Thank you, Jesus, for filling me with yourself. I pray that I will not look at other things in the world to satisfy me where you rightfully need to be. Amen.

Faith Tip: Feeling hungry? Crave the food and drink of Jesus. You will be more than satisfied.

Written by Kathy Bruins

No comments: