Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Pray the Plan

“Pray that you will not fall into temptation.” – Luke 22:40

I have found that the best way I can lose weight is to plan ahead what I am going to eat. If I find myself hungry with no plan in place, I am allowing myself to fall off the wagon and start grazing the nearest grass. Having a preventative plan all set up helps me immensely.

It’s the same with any temptation in our life. If we have a plan of prevention set up, we can succeed. The number one step to plan is to pray. Praying against a temptation invites God into the plan and allows him to take action in fighting your temptation. It says in the Bible that God will always make a way out for any temptation (1 Corinthians 10:13). God is faithful. He wants us to succeed. In every little success, giving God the glory will set the healthy habit of always going to God for help. He’s waiting.

Prayer: Lord, I thank you for the successes you have helped me reach. You are cheering me on every step of the way. I pray that I focus on you so that I am to move through any obstacles I come across. You are so worthy of all glory and praise. Amen

Faith Tip: What temptation feels like it has a total grip on you? Break free through Jesus. He will help you through.

Written by Kathy Bruins

No comments: