Friday, June 17, 2011

Cleaning the Files

“Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.” Colossians 3:13 

As I go through files in my office, it’s kind of a trip down memory lane in connection with the projects I have worked on and people the Lord has brought into my life. I’m not crazy about filing, but I do love to reminisce. Unfortunately, along with the great times that have happened in the past, there have also been challenges. These we would just as soon forget. However, we can “forget” or let these experiences have less of a hold on us in forgiving the people involved. If we hold on to the anger and bitterness, we are hurting others but mostly ourselves.

When Jesus died on the cross, there was a big file of bad situations marked Sin. We were and are guilty. Jesus forgave us and suffered for us. If the Lord of the universe can do that for us, there’s no reason we can’t do that for someone else. Free yourself from the bonds of not forgiving. It’s not worth hanging onto any longer. God wants you to trust him and be free.

Prayer: Lord Jesus, I thank you for forgiving, loving and dying for me. You didn’t have to do it. I pray that I can obey you and forgive others who have hurt me. Amen

Faith Tip: Is there someone the Lord has brought to your mind to forgive? Pray, trust and forgive. 

Written by Kathy Bruins

No comments: