Tuesday, June 28, 2011

You Have Exciting News!

Then they called them in again and commanded them not to speak or teach at all in the name of Jesus. But Peter and John replied, “Which is right in God’s eyes: to listen to you, or to him? You be the judges! As for us, we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard.” – Acts 4:18-20

When my husband asked me to marry him, I was so excited. I wanted everyone to know. Early the next morning, I woke up, dressed and went to the store for a few groceries. As I waited in line, the woman in front of me had the pleasure of sharing in my excitement as I told her that I was engaged and showed her my ring. I welcomed this stranger into my world to share the good news. She was very happy for me and felt blessed to know.

That’s the kind of excitement the followers of Jesus need where it bubbles up inside and we just can’t contain the good news. We want everyone to know and join in the celebration. Jesus died and rose again in victory. Even though it didn’t happen today, it is still an active truth. We live in the victory of Jesus today. Isn’t that exciting?

Prayer: Thank you, Lord, for the victory I live in today because of you. I pray that the excitement spills over as I tell others about you. Amen

Faith Tip: Imagine you were at Jesus’ resurrection. What would you say to him when you saw him? What would you tell others?

Written by Kathy Bruins

No comments: