Friday, June 24, 2011

Recharging Your Spiritual Batteries

When Jesus heard what had happened, he withdrew by boat privately to a solitary place. – Matthew 14:13

Last night I played a tennis match with my tennis team.  It was an indoor match and although it was cooler outside it was very hot inside.  To make matters worse, I had not played for almost three months so I was not in top physical condition.  So I welcomed the breaks between games when I had the opportunity to rest, drink some water and recharge.

We all need times in life to rest and recharge.  Even Jesus took breaks in his ministry to find some peace and quite and recharge his spiritual batteries.  Life can be very demanding and we can grow tired and worn-out in all that we need to do.  This can cause us to be physically tired as well as spiritually drained.  So we need to take time to withdraw from the busyness of life and rest, drink deeply from the living water and recharge our spiritual batteries.

Prayer:  Thank you Lord, for the work you call me to do.  Help me to make time to step back so that I can rest and recharge so that I do not become spiritually and physically drained.  Amen.

Faith Tip:  Plan a time of retreat, put it on your calendar and make sure you use that time to truly rest and recharge so that you can then step back into the game and be ready to fully follow God’s call.  

Written by Pastor Aaron Anderson

No comments: