Friday, June 3, 2011

Make Every Effort

For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. – 2 Peter 1:5-8

I truly want a clean and orderly office. Most of the time, it looks like the aftermath of a cyclone. Every now and then I get on top of it and get everything organized, but then it gets disastrous again as I get busy with many things and have piles of information everywhere so that I won’t lose it. As the clutter gets worse, things begin to disappear. It takes a continual effort from me to make my office organized and to keep it that way. It will not happen by itself no matter how much I want those office cleaning elves to stop by some night while I’m sleeping.

Adding to our faith also takes continual effort. It will not happen by itself. We need to make a choice to practice goodness, seek knowledge, self-controlled, to persevere, to live godly lives, show affection and to love. The reason is so that we can be effective and productive for Jesus. If we’re not, we are living for ourselves in our own little world.

Prayer: Lord, I thank you for the journey of building onto my faith that I am on. I pray that when the struggles get tough that I look to you for strength and direction. Amen

Faith Tip: Evaluate how your faith building is going and make a choice.

Written by Kathy Bruins

No comments: