Friday, August 19, 2011

All My Children

He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children. – Revelation 21:6-7

In my parents house is a hallway that is filled with twelve pictures of all their grandchildren.  The hallway sits between the bedroom and the kitchen, so every morning as they make their way to breakfast they start each day remembering their grandchildren.  I am sure that it warms their hearts as they look at these pictures.  I know that when the grandchildren come and visit and see the prominent place their picture holds in their grandparents’ home, they know they are loved.

Through the victory in Christ, we as believers are all God’s children.  If God had a hallway, I am sure that each of our pictures would hold a prominent place in that big hallway. As God looks upon his children and watches over us, his heart is warmed.  We must remember how much God loves his children and what a privilege it is to be called the children of God.  If you ever feel unloved, just imagine your picture hanging in God’s hallway and know that God loves you.

Prayer:  Thank you Father for adopting me as your child.  Thank you for you wonderful unconditional love.  Help me to always remember how much you love me.  Amen.

Faith Tip:  Pictures help us remember those we love.  Today take a sticky-note or a piece of paper and write on it “I am a child of God. I am loved.” Place that note somewhere where you will see it every day to remind you how much God loves you. 

Written by Pastor Aaron Anderson

No comments: