Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Need Refreshing Today?

A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed. – Proverbs 11:25

How do you get refreshed? Is refreshment important? I believe God thinks it is as there are many examples of his people being refreshed through the Scriptures. Not only does God do the refreshing himself as we see with the prophet Elijah, but he also refreshes through people such as Onesiphorus who refreshed Paul. People can be refreshed physically, spiritually and emotionally.

That’s the ministry I like to do … refresh people. I lead a ladies retreat to do this called Spiritual Spa Day. I truly look forward to doing this event again and again as I see God work in the lives of women. The next spa day is less than two weeks away, and then I may be doing another one in September and another in February. Women need to be refreshed by God’s Spirit to see how valuable they truly are to him. Do you need refreshment?

Prayer: Lord, I thank you for the opportunities to minister. I pray that you will be seen at the center of it all for you are the great refresher. Amen

Faith Tip: Look to God for your refreshment today. His living water is always flowing … drink deep.

Written by Kathy Bruins

No comments: