Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Roadblock of Sin

Do not put out the Spirit’s fire; do not treat prophecies with contempt. Test everything. Hold on to the good.  Avoid every kind of evil. – 1 Thessalonians 5:19-22

Yesterday, I received a new phone.  This new phone is supposed to be faster, more powerful and be able to do more things than my old phone.  However, in order to use this new phone I have to transfer my information from my old phone to my new phone.  Unfortunately, the “app for that” is not working on my old phone.  This problem is creating a roadblock for me to tap into the power of my new phone and so the new phone remains in the box until I can get the problem solved.

Sin is like that in our life.  God has given us his Holy Spirit that provides power, strength, wisdom and encouragement.  But sin in our life can be a roadblock that puts out the Spirit’s fire.  As long as that sin remains a part of our life we will never know the full power of God’s Spirit.  Is there a sin in your life that you have been struggling with for sometime?  If so remove that sin from your life and experience the full power and blessing of the Holy Spirit.

Prayer:  Thank you Lord for giving me your Spirit.  Forgive me of the sin in my life that keeps me from tapping into the Spirit’s power.  Help me to remove this sin from my life.  Amen.

Faith Tip:  We all have “general sin” in our life, but we also have “individual sins” that are those sins that we struggle with daily and are unique in our life experience.  Think of an individual sin in your life; ask God for forgiveness and for the strength to remove that sin from your life. 

Written by Pastor Aaron Anderson

No comments: