Monday, August 1, 2011

Jesus is the Rock

The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. – Psalm 18:2

My daughters have been attending a Creative Praise Day Camp this summer where they learn about music and praising God.  One of the songs they have learned goes like this, “Jesus is the Rock and he rolls my blues away, bop shoe bop, shoe bop, whoo!” It is a rocky blues song with a catchy tune that is easy and fun to sing.  So the girls come home from camp singing this throughout the day.

Because this song is so catchy it easily gets stuck in my head and I find myself humming along as I go about my daily tasks.  This morning I woke up with it stuck in my head.  Now I must admit that usually it annoys me when I get a song stuck in my head and it won’t go away.  But I don’t mind this song because it reminds me throughout the day that Jesus is my rock in whom I can take refuge and no matter what I face throughout this day, he will always be there to help me!   

Prayer:  Thank you Jesus for being my rock, my fortress, my deliverer.  Thank you that you provide me a firm foundation on which to stand.  May my feet never move from this solid rock.  Amen.

Faith Tip:  If you would like to hear this song click here

(Warning:  Listening to this song could lead to this song getting stuck in your head which might cause spontaneous praise and sudden outbreaks of worship.)

Written by Pastor Aaron Anderson

No comments: