Friday, August 12, 2011

Patterns to Follow

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. – Romans 12:2

I stepped on the scale this morning and saw a number that I hadn’t seen for a long time. The world says, “Yea, you now can fit into those jeans and breathe at the same time!” While I feel good about this achievement, and celebrate with Jesus, I know that the goal I strive for is not a number transformed by the scale, but a transformation of the mind in serving God. The goal for me is to be in good physical shape so that I can do ministry effectively. It is also a transformation of my spirit as I crave God more and more.

God is in the business of transforming his people. Our part is the choices we make in the transformation process. Do we allow the world to dictate our transformation by listening to what they believe is good for us, or do we listen and choose what God says is good for us? A choice for the world brings chains that imprison us. Don’t be fooled by the marketing that this is what success looks like. Don’t buy into the lie that you will feel so good. Choosing God’s plan of transformation will bring freedom along with peace, joy, and love.

Prayer: Jesus, you are the one who makes all things possible. I thank you for the transformation you have done in my life. I pray that I always will choose you and not be fooled by the world. Amen

Faith Tip: What are your goals for transformation? Who or what are you relying on? Pray about your ultimate goals.

Written by Kathy Bruins

No comments: