Friday, August 26, 2011

Togetherness

For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. – Romans 12:4-5

I recently was the keynote speaker at a women’s event at our church. It was such a great day to gather with sisters in the Lord and talk about God while we served one another in “spa moments.” Events like this usually do not happen with one person … it takes a village. There were ladies especially gifted with food, decorating, administration, hospitality, communication, music and more that made the day so special.

It’s wonderful that we don’t have all the talents and spiritual gifts ourselves. Having a dependence on one another brings us together in unity which glorifies God. This is how the church is meant to operate. Our ultimate dependence is on God who will help us join together and complete the work he has set before us. I imagine this is the way it will be in heaven … doing things together for the glory of God.

Prayer: Lord, I love to work alongside with my brothers and sisters in projects you give us. Thank you for inviting me to be a part of the bigger picture. I pray that I will obey the call you give me. Amen

Faith Tip: Has God called you to be part of a project in the Body of Christ? Consider your talents and gifts that he has given you to bless others.
 
Written by Kathy Bruins

No comments: