Tuesday, August 23, 2011

What Do We Really Need?

Since he did not spare even his own Son but gave him up for us all, won’t he also give us everything else? – Romans 8:32

I heard yesterday of the trek of a young woman who walked across the country with the only provisions being a toothbrush and journal. She started in California and made it to the East Coast. People supplied her with what she needed during her journey. If she didn’t have a place to sleep, she would sleep on the ground. She carried with her a message of peace. This message would carry on in a book that has been written about her adventures. This woman was killed shortly after reaching her destination in a car accident while she was on her way to speak at an engagement.

Her story is a good reminder to us that we discern what our needs really are each day. The list of wants we have seems to be endless and always changing for our tastes and priorities change.

God gave us Jesus. His Son died for us to save us from our sin. That is our major need … to be saved. Because of God’s great love for us, He provided for the need. That being the largest need, why would we doubt Him in any other need we have. He knows our need and will provide.

Prayer: Dear Lord, thank you for caring for me in a special way so that I feel extraordinary. I pray that I am always grateful for all the needs you provide me with as well as keep away the things I feel I need, but you know what is best. Amen

Faith Tip: Consider what God has provided for you already today … and thank Him profusely.

Written by Kathy Bruins

No comments: