Thursday, February 17, 2011

Aliens

Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul. – 1 Peter 2:11

Last night I had the pleasure of seeing the Blue Man Group perform. If you have never seen this show it is three blue men who put on an entertaining show. The show is entertaining because these three blue men act like they are aliens or strangers unaware of cultural norms and their lack of understanding provides a lot of humor. It is also entertaining because these three blue men blend science and technology with musical instruments to perform some very beautiful music.

Like these three blue men, we are also aliens and strangers in this world. We might think we have it all figured out, but compared to God we a very lacking in our understanding of the world around us. I think God must sometimes look down on us and chuckle at our lack of understanding. I also think that there are times when our life produces beautiful music that pleases God very much. Let’s hope that the times of beautiful music outweigh the lack of understanding.

Prayer: Thank you God that you have created me to glorify you. Forgive me when my actions are less than glorifying because I lack understanding. Thank you that I can glorify you in those times when my life is like beautiful music to your ears. Amen

Faith Tip: Remember that no matter what you do in your life, whether you stumble in your lack of understanding or glorify God by making “beautiful music” , God always loves you and he always will.

Written by Aaron Anderson

No comments: