Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Is Anyone Listening?

I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. – Psalm 40:1

I remember one time as a boy having a rousing conversation with my brother. We were so excited about what we were talking about that we were both oblivious to the fact that we were talking at the same time. That is until my father spoke up and asked us, “Is anyone listening?”

It is a question that I often ask myself as I look at the world today. With riots in Egypt, bickering in Congress, wars in the Middle East, I wonder, “Is anyone listening?” It seems to me like most of our problems could be solved if there was more listening and less talking.

When we go through struggles in life it might seem that no one cares because no one hears our pleas for help. Often times it might even seem like God isn’t listening because he makes us wait for answers to our prayers. It is true that as people, broken by sin, we don’t listen has much as we should, but God never stops listening. God is always right there with his ears wide open ready to listen to anything you want to tell him. So take some time and talk to the Lord today, he will listen.

Prayer: Thank you Lord that you care so much for me and that you are always ready and willing to listen to what I have to say. Forgive me when I become impatient and begin to doubt that you hear me. Help me to remember to talk to you more often. Amen.

Faith Tip: Make sure you set aside sometime every day to talk to God. Just knowing that God is listening can help us through difficult times. Also strive to be a better listener in all your conversations.

Written by Pastor Aaron Anderson

No comments: