Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Desperate Living

As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God (Psalm 42:1).

Many young men and women participate in Holland’s Tulip Time parade as either a Dutch Dancer or band member. I was a Dutch Dancer both in high school and for some years as alumni. Part of this role included walking in the parade with your dance group. One Saturday was particularly hot and I remember being so thirsty. I felt desperate for a drink and knew we wouldn’t receive one until the end of the parade route. It’s uncomfortable to want something so much, but it calls for action.
How much do we want God? Are we desperate for the Lord to be involved in our lives on a daily basis? If not, why? What are we putting our confidence in other than God? There is a thirst that is not quenched without God. We may try to drink from the world for satisfaction, but living water only comes from God.

Prayer: Thank you, Lord, for being the living water for me. I pray that I drink in your presence in my life and allow the springs of your water to spill out of my life for others. I pray that I remain desperate for you. Amen

Faith Tip: Monitor your thirst today and what it is you are thirsty for.

Written by Kathy Bruins

No comments: