Thursday, February 24, 2011

Where’s Your Focus?

The rabble with them began to crave other food, and again the Israelites started wailing and said, “If only we had meat to eat! We remember the fish we ate in Egypt at no cost—also the cucumbers, melons, leeks, onions and garlic. But now we have lost our appetite; we never see anything but this manna!”
Moses heard the people of every family wailing at the entrance to their tents. The LORD became exceedingly angry, and Moses was troubled. (Numbers 11:4-6, 10)


When I was dealing with the treatment of my cancer, life was different for me in that there were things I couldn’t do at that time, I was tired all the time, my taste buds were shot, not to mention surgeries, chemo treatments, and more. At the same time, there was a loving husband that cared for me dearly, friends and family expressing love in many ways, the presence of the Lord was felt by me during this time which is always inspirational, I was still able to do my work for I was given very understanding clients, and many other blessings. Focus is everything. I could have chosen to focus on the negatives (which I did sometimes) or the positives. Focusing on the positives doesn’t mean to not deal with the negatives, but more of having a thankful heart. God’s blesses us in so many ways and we lose sight of that because we take things for granted and our human nature wants more. The “more” can become our focus and our heart can harden.

Notice God’s reaction to the Israelites wanting more. They forgot how he saved them, provided for them, and was with them. They focused on the more. God became “exceedingly angry.” It must have been like a slap in the face to him. Let’s be aware of where are focus is daily.

Prayer: Lord, you have given me so much and I thank you. I pray that contentment and thankfulness will keep me focused on you and your will for me each day. I praise you for your greatest provision in Jesus. Amen

Faith Tip: Be aware of your focus today.

Written by Kathy Bruins

No comments: