Monday, February 14, 2011

A Gift of Love

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. – John 3:16

Today is Valentine’s Day. Jacob, my son, is spending Valentine’s Day with his school choir delivering singing Valentines to people throughout the Holland area. I ordered one of these singing Valentines for Julie. To say “I love you!” to my wife, I sent my one and only son to sing a love song to her. Won’t she be surprised??? (Not after she reads this.)

God sent us a message of love by sending us his one and only Son, not to sing to us, but to die for us on the cross. God’s message of love, as written in John 3:16, is probably one of the most well-known and quoted passages of scripture. It is better than any Valentine’s Card, love poem or love song. Jesus Christ is the greatest expression of love ever given! And he has been given to you and all you need to do to accept this gift of love is accept Jesus Christ into your life as Lord and Savior. Have you accepted this gift? If not, do it today on Valentine’s Day!

Prayer: Thank you God for sending your one and only Son to tell me how much you love me. May I express my love for you in all that I say and do. I love you Lord! Amen.

Faith Tip: This Valentine’s Day you might be telling someone special that you love him or her, but don’t forget to take the time to remember how much God loves you and tell God how much you love him.

Written by Pastor Aaron Anderson

No comments: