Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Breaking Down the Walls

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. – Romans 1:16

This morning a strong winter storm is moving through West Michigan.
The snow is heavy, the temperatures are cold and the wind is blowing. When the storm was at its strongest, I could hear the wind blowing against the side of the house and rattling the window panes. As I listened to the wind I was glad that I had a house to keep me protected from the forceful power of the chilling wind.

As I think about the power of the wind I can’t help but think of God’s great power. God’s power is more powerful than any power of nature. God is so powerful that he controls the wind, the storms, and the thunder just by the sound of his voice! With such awesome power God could easily break into our hearts and minds and force us to follow him. But he doesn’t, instead he gently and lovingly waits for us to open the door of our hearts and let him come in to our lives. Unfortunately, we often build walls around our hearts; walls that will not allow the power of God to enter our lives. These walls are often so thick that they are like the walls of my house that keep out the power of the wind. What walls have you put up that are keeping the power of God out of your life? Are their only certain areas of your life that you have built walls around?

Prayer: Thank you Lord for you awesome power. Thank you that you do not use that power to control me, but instead you wait until I open my life to you. Help me to break down the walls that are keeping you out of my life. Amen.

Faith Tip: Today begin breaking down the walls that keep God out of your life. Sometimes this can take time, but you can do it by taking one step at a time, just like taking a wall down one brick at a time.

Written by Pastor Aaron Anderson

No comments: