Tuesday, September 6, 2011

9 to 5...it can be so much more

Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. – 1 Corinthians 15:58

I’ve worked a lot of different jobs over the years that have helped me grow into who I am today. I have learned that the heart (the attitude) I have for the work makes all the difference in the world in what I am doing. If I don’t like what I’m doing, and my reason for doing it is a paycheck, there is really no satisfaction in that and little honor to God. Knowing that God provides work for me should give it special meaning in my life where I am grateful for the opportunity to serve as God’s employee.

Working for the Lord is the best work in the world. The benefits are out of this world. It’s not just pastors that do the work of the Lord, but we are all called to work for Him. No matter what type of work we do, whether it is a job or working around home, volunteering, or helping someone, it is all work for the Lord. We can give of ourselves fully without fear that it is a waste of time. God has a plan for it all.

Prayer: Thank you, Lord, for the work you give me to do. I pray that you are honored and glorified by my offering. Amen

Faith Tip: Begin your day in thanksgiving for what God has given you to do. Shine the light of Jesus in doing it.

Written by Kathy Bruins

No comments: