Friday, September 9, 2011

Tumbling Down the Slope

Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground. Psalm 143:10

Our yard is not level on one side. I will never forget when he had a campfire with friends sitting around in their lawn chairs, and one friend leaned over a little too much towards the slope. They tumbled down the hill with their chair following.

In walking with God, the path we follow is narrow and there are always temptations to sit on the edge of the incline. We believe we are safe from any fall, but we lean a bit too much towards the enticement and before we know it, we are tumbling.

Staying on solid ground is done through closely following God. Reading his word fills us with the stable teachings we need for the journey. The Holy Spirit reminds and guides us as we walk. Prayer keeps us focused on the right direction. Praise to Jesus for being our firm and level foundation.

Prayer: Dear Jesus, thank you for helping me step by step walk the path set before me. I pray that I keep my eye on your light and follow, not being distracted by the pulls of the world. Amen

Faith Tip: Consider all the things you do today in light of staying on level ground.

Written by Kathy Bruins

No comments: