Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Looking Through the Fog

For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. – 1 Corinthians 13:12

It is a dreary and foggy morning.  As I was driving this morning I noticed how the fog makes everything look less colorful, somewhat out-of-focus and more difficult to see.  Here on the lakeshore fog is a common occurrence on cool fall mornings, until the sun comes out and burns it away.

Paul says living on earth is like living in a spiritual fog.  Sin, in the world, dulls God’s colorful creation and blurs our focus on Christ. Because of the fog of sin, we are unable to clearly see and understand the Lord’s will for our life and for the world.  It is as if we are looking only at a reflection.  But one day the Son will come and the fog of sin will be lifted and then we will see and know fully God and his will.

Prayer:  Lord, give me eyes of discernment so that I can see you better through the fog of sin. I look forward to the day when Christ will come again and I shall see you face to face.  Amen.

Faith Tip:  Although we may struggle to fully understand God’s will for our life and the world, we can be assured that although we do not understand it, God’s will is good and perfect.  Find comfort today in that assurance.  

Written by Pastor Aaron Anderson     

No comments: