Tuesday, September 13, 2011

What is the Question?

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. – John 14:6

We had just pulled into a parking lot when I spotted a bumper sticker on the car parked in front of us that read, “Jesus is the answer.”  I decided to have some fun with the kids, so I asked them to give me a math problem.  My elementary aged daughter gave me a simple addition problem to which I quickly replied, “Jesus.”  Then my middle-school aged daughter tried to stump me with an algebra problem and I said, “The answer is Jesus!”  My high-school son jumped into the game with a tough calculus problem to which I answered, “That is an easy one, the answer is Jesus.”  By now my kids were wondering if their dad had lost his marbles and asked me why I was always responding with the answer of “Jesus.”  It was then that I pointed to the bumper sticker and we all had a good laugh.

Jesus may not be the answer to a math problem, or to a computer problem or to the problem that’s causing your car to make that funny noise, but Jesus is the answer to life problems, to broken-heart problems, to problems with sin.  Have you lost your way in life?  Jesus is the way.  Do you wonder who or what you can trust in life?  Jesus is the truth.  Do you feel like you have no joy or fulfillment in life?  Jesus is the life.  When life seems to have no answers, turn to Jesus.

Prayer:  Thank you Jesus that you are the answer to life’s difficult questions.  Help me to seek the answer to life’s questions in you and not other things in life.  Thank you for providing me with a way, with truth and with life.  Amen.

Faith Tip:  What is the big life question that you are struggling with or worrying about today?  Take time right now to seek the answer in Jesus Christ.   

Written by Pastor Aaron Anderson

No comments: