Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven. – Matthew 22:30

Today is my wedding anniversary. The years have gone by quickly and as I think back on all that my husband and I have gone through, it makes me even more grateful that he was there to experience life with me. Through the tough times, we held each other up, and through the happy times, we danced.

God created marriage knowing that we would need that person in our life. Our humanness makes us dependent mostly on God, but also on others. God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone.” God provides for those who do live alone in different ways. God says he will be our husband (Isaiah 54:5).

It’s going to be very different in eternity. There will be no need for marriage for we will all be focused on our Husband, Jesus Christ … a marriage made in heaven.

Prayer: Thank you, Lord, for my husband. I praise you for being at the center of our marriage helping us when we needed it and celebrating with us during good times. I pray that I can be the wife you want me to be here on earth in preparation for eternity. Amen

Faith Tip: Be mindful and thankful for the people God has put in your life. They are there for a purpose.

Written by Kathy Bruins

No comments: