Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Season of Abundance

Be glad, people of Zion, 
   rejoice in the LORD your God, 
for he has given you the autumn rains 
   because he is faithful. 
He sends you abundant showers, 
   both autumn and spring rains, as before. – Joel 2:23

I have a friend who lives in Texas where a drought has been experienced. She emailed me the other day with great excitement that it was raining. I don’t remember the last time I was excited about rain for I pretty much take it for granted.

Don’t we do that with most of God’s blessings? He is so faithful to give us what we need in all seasons, and we don’t recognize it or worse feel it is because of what we have done.

Today let us be glad and rejoice in what God has done for us. Praise him for these cooler temps and for the beautiful colors that are changing on the trees. Thank God for all provision especially for the gift of Jesus.

Prayer: Dear Lord, I do thank you for all that you give to me today. I pray I recognize you as the source of all my provision. Amen

Faith Tip: Give God a sacrifice of praise today for all he has done for you.

Written by Kathy Bruins

No comments: